Aphorisms Galore!

Discussions

Sometimes, users and visitors to Aphorisms Galore! feel the urge to comment on something, or even to start a discussion on a brand new topic. Sometimes, those users and visitors are living breathing human beings and not spam robots. When that happens, their messages show up here. (Some messages from spam robots may also appear from time to time, but I try to make sure they don't.)

341–344 (344)

Apology  ·  posted 2000 by Paul

Can someone help me with the correct wording and origin for the quote: "Men can apologize, but only God can forgive."? Thanks, Paul Lutz Drexel Hill

(no title)  ·  posted 2000 by Sarah

what do you think that this means? to you:

"He that lives upon hope will die fasting"

Great site!  ·  posted 2000 by Joe Fisher

Am I the first to write anything in this feedback thingy?

Selling Mein Kampf -- right or wrong?  ·  posted 2000 by Aphorisms Galore! Webmaster

Over the years, a few users have questioned my motives for selling Mein Kampf through the site. I sell the book for two reasons:

1: Traceability. I have a number of aphorisms by Adolf Hitler in my collection, some of which are taken from this book. In cases like this, I try to include the title in the Shopping section, to allow visitors who might be interested to buy it.

2: Candor. Unlike the Nazis themselves, I do not believe in censorship. And unlike some, nor do I believe that today's Nazism can be ignored to death. Rather, I believe that the best way to fight dark ideologies is to drag them out into the light for all to see.

What do you think? Voice your opinion in this forum!

341–344 (344)